Sr. Project Manager - Financial Controls L&C Operations
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
- The purpose of this position is to support the Agent Licensing, Compensation, and Debt Management leadership through establishing and monitoring proper internal financial controls, leading process improvements and departmental special projects, and preparing formal presentations and financial reports.
- The analyst will observe Agent Licensing, Compensation, Debt Management and Reconciliation processes to identify opportunities for financial risk control improvement, process efficiencies, and gaps in our business rules, and lead the implementation of approved changes.
- The analyst will conduct periodic self-audits to ensure ongoing compliance with internal controls and department procedures. This will include development of audit test conditions, transaction testing, and reporting results to department leadership.
- The analyst will assist the training department with developing training material for new hire/continuity purposes.
- The analyst will maintain and, when applicable, update existing procedure documentation as new processes are approved and implemented.
- The analyst will assist management with formal report/presentation material, internal and external audit requests, audit remediation, Seasonal 1099 work, and other departmental projects, as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required;
- Experience with Microsoft Access is desired.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, in depth understanding of internal financial controls & segregation of duties, and above average analytical skills.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with limited direction, as well as be able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized is a must.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field with special emphasis on internal financial controls preferred.
Full Time - Permanent
5+ years in a business process improvement or internal audit role, preferably in the financial industry
- Proven track record of improving internal financial controls and defining and implementing efficient processing workflows
- Experience with an automated work distribution system is required
- Experience working with co-workers in multiple locations is helpful
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.