HR - Human Resources
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The Training Consultant will support the Closed Block Service Center teams by leading training projects from conception to completion to meet business area needs. The Training Consultant will also work with the Quality team identify improvement opportunities and/or gaps in our existing training programs and design solutions.
- Lead complex training projects for multiple business areas
- Perform needs analysis to identify training needs.
- Develop training strategy to meet business area development needs, including the development of training plans and curriculums.
- Develop and facilitate class room and online training courses, determining best instructional methods.
- Develop and maintain task, process and training documentation.
- Evaluate training programs, tracks performance and ROI, and provide feedback to management.
- Serve as a technical expert for the Closed Block Service Center Operations teams.
- Partner with Quality to conduct process reviews, assess impact of procedural changes, develop process improvements and provide solutions recommendations to Management to improve accuracy, efficiency and/or customer experience.
Summary - Responsible for all training programs and training outcomes through, among other things, developing training strategy and evaluating training return on investment.
Responsibility 1 - Confers with management to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training, and conducts training sessions.
Responsibility 2 - Determines the best instructional methods for each training session, and tests trainees to measure learning progress.
Responsibility 3 - May evaluate training programs and conduct return-on-investment studies.
Responsibility 4 - Coaches operations staff.
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year college or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years' experience in training and/or documentation development or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ELearning software proficiency preferred
- Life and Retirement Services Operations experience preferred
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.