Senior Ops Business Analyst / New Business Shared Services - Houston, TX
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The American General Life Companies (AGLC) New Business Shared Services Department is responsible for supporting various aspects of New Business and Underwriting. The SR Ops Business Analyst will be responsible for handling escalations from internal and external customers, troubleshooting and handling production issues that arise, UAT Testing, when requested, tracking of trends and root cause analysis, and will also report trends to the management over the AIGSS Shared Services Teams, to use for coaching and training. The Business Analyst will also attend to various projects, as the New Business SME, including, but not limited to ALIP, Products, billing, etc…
The Business Analyst will provide primary support to our Life Distribution partners, both internal and external.
Below are the critical performance objectives for success in this role:
- Support escalation requests by having a fundamental knowledge of New Business functions, processes, systems, and procedures.
- Represent New Business Shared Services as a subject matter expert on projects requiring systems knowledge, products, support and input, as needed.
- Handle user acceptance testing for ALIP and other systems, as necessary.
- Perform analysis of production issues that arise due to system malfunctions and user error.
- Track trends and complete root cause analysis of these trends.
- Manage relationships with distribution, sales team, operational leaders and other internal customers.
- Maintain trend reports as needed, for management use in coaching and training updates
- Report needed system and process changes to Management.
Organization Reporting & Structure
This Houston-based position reports to the Director of New Business Shared Services.
Hands on self-starter, with track record of learning new, complex topics. Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability. Track record of acting with a sense of urgency. Proven record of being an effective listener and communicator with customers and peers. Results focused with a track record of achievement. Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask. A keen attention to detail.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to understand the impact of basic changes.
- Basic knowledge of tracking tools and approaches.
- Knowledge of business principles, strategy, systems technology, processes, and operations. Demonstrated change management and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated record of initiative, adaptability, and real-time problem solving and decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously involving various departments and levels of management.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.