Jr. Accountant Life & Retirement -Brentwood, TN
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Purpose: To support the financial processing and account reconciliation related to Life and Health business
Organizational Structure: These positions report to the Manager in the CBSC Suspense and Blackline department. There is interaction with internal customers and departments.
- Monitor suspense reports from the various administrative systems and assure that accounting is properly booked and related suspense is cleared.
- Post financial transactions in the various admin systems and/or though SAP JE's to clear and close out systems and accounting.
- Monitor the various SAP accounts owned by the CBSC and assisting in documenting timing issues and the monthly required reconciliations for these accounts in tracking database and Blackline.
- Assist all other CBSC staff in the research and correction of any accounting irregularities or questions that arise related to suspense. Assist in other duties as assigned, such as unclaimed property research and audit assistance.
- One to two years relevant experience in insurance industry preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college preferred. Knowledge of related admin systems used in the processing of insurance policies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service technique. Ability to use sound judgment and make decisions.
- Must have initiative to take responsibility for work assigned and complete it with minimal supervision.
- Must be organized with ability to change priorities in order to meet unit goals during peak periods and volumes.
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel, SAP and other office systems used in processing insurance or accounting.
- Ability to learn new systems as required. General knowledge of accounting.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.