AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG General Insurance Company, Ltd.
AIG advises a range of companies - from technology startups to publically traded, Fortune 500 in size - on solutions to manage their global risk. In today's ever more complex, interconnected, global world, the science of risk management is critical to achieving business objectives.
AIG views actuaries as the inventive force behind business profit evaluation and optimal reserving. They leverage big data so business leaders make more informed decisions. Among other projects, actuaries at AIG monitor key performance indicators, identify dynamic and changing trends, ensure compliance with the evolving legal landscape, and help ensure the long term viability of AIG as an enterprise.
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our Atlanta Reserving team as an Actuarial Analyst.
In collaboration with, and under direction of a Supervisory Actuary, the Actuarial Analyst will lead analysis projects and mentor a team of junior analysts in providing actuarial reserving and financial reporting support for the various Specialty classes of business such as Marine, Aviation, Surety, Political Risk, and Trade Credit.
Major Objectives include:
- Analyze data to assist determination of loss and expense reserve adequacy using actuarial techniques.
- Assist the Global Specialty Lines Finance Actuary with analysis of the reserves on both domestic and international reserving segments.
- Analyze data and other information to determine of loss and expense reserve adequacy using actuarial techniques.
- Oversee and prepare reserve study documentation; prepare information for financial statements.
- Evaluate the appropriate IBNR to be booked each quarter, and prepare Sarbanes Oxley documentation.
- Conduct research, experience studies and other more complex actuarial analysis; develop, review, and analyze changes and improvements to actuarial procedures. Optimize processes to meet business needs.
- Assist in the production of Schedule P and other reports and exhibits for GAAP and Statutory financials.
- Work with IT systems personnel to design new reports and data requirements. Check data for accuracy.
- Communicate with pricing actuaries, underwriters, finance, claims, compliance, and legal departments.
- Complete projects independently with limited supervision.
- BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area.
- Successful completion of five or more actuarial exams; ACAS strongly desired.
- 5-7 years or more actuarial experience in property casualty insurance. Reserving experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, technical, time management and problem solving skills.
- Takes initiative on projects and assignments; seeks alternative solutions.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, VBA, or other related skills.
- Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands.
- Effective time management skill. Capability to balance multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
AIG reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check, tailored to the requirements of a job, after a conditional employment offer is made. Unless otherwise required by law, AIG does not automatically exclude any applicant with a criminal conviction for a job or class or jobs. For more information about Philadelphia law specifically, copy and paste the following link within your browser: http://www.phila.gov/HumanRelations/PDF/BTB%20POSTER%20FINAL_3-9-16.pdf