IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Solution/Application Architect Consultant
Location: This position can be located either in Farmington, CT, Charlotte, NC or Houston, TX
AIG is seeking a Solution/Application Architect Consultant to assist in designing, developing, and deploying enterprise solutions that are well designed for performance and scale for its Life and Retirement IT organization. The candidate will be part of a high-performance Solution Development organization responsible for architecting and developing strategic solutions which lead to the rapid enablement of various business capabilities. These capabilities hinge around Life & Retirement's Digital Business Platform and Data Integration Hub as well as many other strategic assets enabling AIG to create a digital business platform as a core strategic asset which creates a single authoritative view of the business, enabling common APIs, providing a layer of separation between our complex data sources and our data consumers; thereby, providing each data layer to evolve independently. This role will also include assisting Application Portfolio Management within the appropriate L&R division.
- Architect, design, construct, and implement large strategic solutions based on various technologies.
- Define and/or collaborate on Domain Strategies.
- Work closely with various peer architects and software-engineers to achieve company business objectives.
- Collaborate with other technology teams and infrastructure architects to define and develop solutions.
- Lead/mentor other architects and software engineers in setting technical direction.
- Research and experiment with emerging technologies and tools.
- Work with the team to establish and reinforce disciplined software development and architecture processes and best-practices.
- Support multiple program and project level deliverables
- Support the development of Business Strategies through advocacy of business' needs, stake holders, and market understanding.
- Develop close relationships based on trust and delivery with key partners across the Consumer division with both the technical and business members.
- Develop roadmaps for in various domains and creation of Enterprise Reference Architecture.
- Drive ACORD adoption.
- Support Proof of Concepts and Technologies
- Experience within the Annuities and Life Insurance and financial services industry
- Proven experience of influencing technical outcomes and driving business outcomes
- Excellent technical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Proficiencies with Agile development practices.
- Proficiencies in Business capabilities
- Experience with Architecture modeling and management tools
- Experience with Component Reference Diagrams, Use Cases and establishment of Enterprise Reference Architectures.
- Experience and knowledge of large scale insurance administration platforms (Accenture, CSC, etc)
- Experience with of ACORD
- Experience with TOGAF (preferably TOGAF Certification)
- Working knowledge of web technologies and protocols (JAVA/NoSQL/JSON/REST/JMS)
Background and experience desired:
- The position calls for a seasoned IT professional with senior leadership qualities and background with a minimum of 10 years' experience in IT.
- 6+ years of experience building and managing complex infrastructure solutions.
- 6+ years of experience with distributed, highly-scalable, multi-node environments utilizing Big Data ecosystems.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the IT Industry.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.