Risk Analyst/Software Tester
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
The Market Risk Management team manages a $50+ billion multi-asset book with responsibilities that range from: hedging, model generation, and new product design. We need a talented software tester with strong programming skills to join our team in Woodland Hills, CA (LA Area)
• Write and/or review System Change Requests for completeness and accuracy.
• Design valuation model and database test plans, perform testing and provide detailed supporting documentation.
• Assist in coordinating valuation model and database launches to Production.
• Assist in building, maintaining, and documenting: o IA and VA valuation systems (Moses and Aon Pathwise)
o VA and IA databases that house market data, policy-holder data, and risk management metrics.
• Perform data extraction and run data integrity checks on policy-holder information extracted from Administrative Systems and/or Data Warehouses for use in risk management modeling software.
• Periodically assist in defining requirements for enhancing data management process
• Experience with Aon Pathwise software, Index Annuities and Variable Annuities a plus.
• Detail and process oriented.
• Degree in computer science, engineering, finance or math.
• A minimum of 3 years business experience as a financial engineer or related capacity, preferably with a global bank or in an insurance company.
• Knowledge of and experience creating production quality financial models and databases.
• Programming experience in C++ /Python/C#/Java/SQL.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to work within a large and diverse team.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.