Accounting Specialist - Premium Accounting
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The Financial Operations team is responsible for all incoming premium collections from time of deposit to bank accounts through applying to the policy in the policy admin systems, which includes the progressive movement of transactions through collection systems and related general ledger accounts. The department also manages the flow of policyholder disbursements from the policy admin systems to check/ACH issuance. We assist the various business areas within Operations with research and troubleshooting any issues related to premium collections and policyholder disbursements.
- Daily balancing of disbursement files back to admin source systems.
- Process jobs to transmit remittance files to bank.
- Prep and balance deposits.
- Maintain complete, accurate and well-organized records.
- Research and respond to routine processing discrepancies.
- Answer internal customer service questions.
- High school graduate or equivalent and 2 or more years of job related experience OR specialized education appropriate of the work performed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and achievement oriented.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and/or handle shifting priorities.
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Access, and SAP.
- Ability to adapt to change to meet the needs of clients and department.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.