Multinational Customer Service Coordinator
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Travel Assist, Inc.
AIG Travel provides a wide array of travel, medical, security and concierge services helping millions of travelers solve problems and manage risk worldwide. The Multinational Customer Service Coordinator is the front-line of customer support in coordinating risk mitigation activities that ensure AIG's clients are in the best hands while traveling abroad. You are the heart of the operation and will work with AIG Travel's Medical and Security teams, Travel Desk, and a Leadership team from a wide array of associated career fields, such as Risk Management, Medical, Military, NGO's and Federal agencies.
- Provides telephone support and emergency evacuation services in response to client requests
- Assists clients in analyzing their requests in order to provide adequate service
- Uses appropriate resources to provide referrals to clients according to their requests
- Coordinates the management of each clients travel emergencies, flight cancellations, flight delays, trip interruptions and cancellations, baggage delays and similar events in general travel assistance
- Provides customer service to insured travelers regarding: policy benefits, verification of coverage, claims and claims information
- Monitors the status of patients and regularly reports the situation to the family and / or fellow travelers of the insured
- Makes arrangements for medical evacuation by working with the Provider Network Group (PNG) and the Medical Case Management (MCM) team
- Documents the entire management of each case
- Provides telephone and document translation services through applicable providers
- Sends and receives faxes and e-mails, calls via telephone, and supports inbound/outbound SMS communications
- Makes assessments and files claims on behalf of the client
- Works with and supports PNG by adding and evaluating both new service and existing service providers
- Other duties may be assigned as needs arise
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Contact Center experience is preferred by not exclusive
- Health care experience is preferred but not exclusive
- Experience in customer service or dealing directly with customers such as, Airline, Inside/Outside Sales, Financial Services industries
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent telephone communication skills and computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written use of the language
- English required
- Fluent (RWS) German, French, Persian, and/or Farsi
- Requires basic skills to analyze costs and opt for services
- Must have a strong orientation to problem solving and a strong ability to find solutions in situations where there is no precedent. Ability to work under pressure
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.