Regional Vice President
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): More than 50%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The Regional Vice President (RVP) for Life Sales is the central resource within their respective territory for the ISG - Broker Dealer Channel.
Reporting to the Divisional Vice President of the Insured Solutions Group, this position's primary focus is on business development, product positioning, marketing strategies, planning, research and problem solving.
- The RVP is responsible for developing regional business plans that achieve and exceed sales targets for their assigned territory.
- Actively manages informal/formal applications to maximize placement and production.
- Partners closely with assigned Internal Wholesaler and Strategic Account Managers in order to advance sales within region.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with field representatives from assigned
accounts in order to establish and achieve sales targets.
- Proactively sets own sales meetings and prepares agendas in advance (going in with a purpose). Afterwards, summarizes next steps and follows through on commitments.
- Keeps an ethical and compliant region based on company and regulatory standards.
- Operates the region on a cost effective basis within budget as determined by the
- Leads training, webcasts, 1:1 face to meetings and conference calls with their assigned wholesalers
- Serves as the initial contact for problem resolution. Researches accounts and/or elevates issues to solve problems.
- Reports sales activity and production into SalesForce as required.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge on industry trends, UW regulations, advanced marketing concepts and company products.
- Maintains successful relationships with internal clients including but not limited to Marketing, Compliance, Underwriting and Operations.
- Leverages the Company's expertise by working effectively with areas such as Product Development, Competition & Research, Advanced Sales, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Life Insurance, Life and Annuity products and familiarity with Advanced Sales concepts.
- Minimum 5 years of wholesaling experience in life insurance business.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must be able to apply sound discretion and judgment abilities.
- Strong listening skills required.
- Requires a demonstrated record of initiative, leadership, problem-solving and adaptability
- Excellent public speaking with the ability to plan, organize, develop and deliver effective presentations to a targeted audience with 5 + years of experience wholesaling life insurance products.
- FINRA Series 6, 63 and state life and health licenses.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.