Support Specialist - Sales Support, Operations & Administration
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Direct working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming our industry's employer of choice. We believe that our success depends on a world class team with diverse and unequaled expertise. If you enjoy a fast paced heavy multi-tasking environment and like to be rewarded for your results we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG Direct Sales Operations Department.
Position Summary: This position is a significant role within the company and has a direct impact on revenue. The position is the liaison between the client and the life insurance carrier to facilitate the expedient processing of the life insurance application through underwriting with the goal of getting the policy in-force. Additionally, you also have the opportunity to impact our clients by helping to get them the life insurance protection they need.
Working alongside a dynamic sales team, you will have the opportunity to go through our Support Specialist training and career path program. During training, you will learn important elements of the role such as customer service, operations, administrative, systems, sales support and achieving set goals. Once proficient in these skills you will be evaluated to move into the Account Specialist position. This training and career path program will provide a solid foundation to effectively engage with our clients, partner with Sales Account Executives and effectively communicate with Underwriters.
This position reports to the Sales Operations Manager and Trainer. A typical work week is Monday through Friday, normal business hours.
- Performance is measured monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Demonstrate a competitive drive and desire to succeed established goals, key metrics, a standard of performance and compliance.
- Competitive nature and ability to take action with limited supervision.
- Handle all customer inquiries and be responsible for the accurate maintenance of client's information in the system including handling sensitive medical, financial and personal client data.
- Gathering pertinent information in order to help facilitate the sales cycle.
- Effectively communicate to obtain information from clients, insurance carriers, paramed vendors, and APS providers and facilitating the processing of underwriting requirements.
- Consistently uses telephone courtesy and knows how to deal with customer dissatisfaction in order to professionally and expertly control the conversation when following up on requirements and educating customer of underwriting process.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have
- 3+ years of experience in a Customer Service and/or Administrative support role required.
- Bachelor Degree preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Windows environment and the ability to type at least 45 WPM.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and decision-making skills.
- Strong work ethic, demonstrate a passion for what you do every day.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.