Sr. Systems Analyst
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Travel Assist, Inc.
Works closely with the Development Team, Business Analysts, Project Managers and Quality Assurance staff to create software solutions that fulfill the business requirements provided by the project team. In addition analyzes, designs, codes, tests, implements, maintains, and documents application software.
The Software Engineer is responsible for:
• Design, program and test application software
• Execute assigned project tasks within established schedule
• Develop systems to meet the requirement specifications.
• Test applications fully prior to deployment to staging
• Ensure that recovery procedures and processing are in place
• Document procedures and operation methods
• Train and prepares instructional material for operations and users
• Work closely with the DBA to define an environment and implement the application
Analyze problems, perform maintenance and implements improvements for existing systems
• Provide tier II support for assigned applications
• Fix and document software bugs, configuration issues or other problems per the software release procedures
• Recommend improved operational procedures to maximize system efficiency
Provide detailed technical documentation for all systems developed
• High-level application documentation
• System design documentation when applicable
• Programming documentation: application design documentation; code level documentation; testing documentation
• Help-Desk support documentation
• End-user training documentation
Keep up to date on current technology
• Read periodic information systems journals/magazines.
• Participate in professional user groups and organizations
• Attend professional conferences, meetings, seminars and training
• Research and evaluate new tools and techniques
Adhere to all IS policies and procedures.
• Keep current with all policy and/or procedural changes
• Apply all the approved policies and procedures
o Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft .Net technologies (C#)
o Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 7 or higher
o Advanced knowledge of WCF and SOAP Web Services
o Working knowledge of XML
o Working knowledge of XSLT
o Working knowledge of TFS
o Microsoft Office products
Good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to perform mathematical calculations, including addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and simple percentages.
Must be able to function with a high degree of judgment. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Sitting, handling, repetitive motions, hand eye coordination, carrying, with occasional bending, reaching, and lifting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.