Director, Case Relationship Management
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
- The primary purpose of the job is to:
Lead and direct the Distribution Services team ensuring all service level agreements and targets are achieved for assigned distribution channels. Responsible for negotiating and defining business strategies to ensure alignment with the planned operational experience for each distribution partner, internal and external. Manage 3-5 Distribution Services Associate Directors and work processes with high complexity. Maintain key internal and external relationships including those at all levels of management within agency offices, national accounts.
Review processes, business metrics, documentation, and skill assessment within the team to identify potential process and technical improvements.
Major Job Duties:
- Create and execute distribution channel level reporting and analysis to educate, inform and set strategy with internal and external business partners aligned with Distribution Services
- Create and manage a distribution channel portfolio of accounts and books of business, ensuring account level management occurs by the teams
- Build new and maintain existing connection and continuity between our customer's leadership team and the home office including all levels of management in the agency offices as well as leadership at National Accounts. Also ensuring operational experiences are aligned with expectation.
- Ensure alignment of business and Operations strategies with other key business functions such as Sales and Marketing and Information Technology
- Manage and champion team and individual engagement, as well as leadership and personal development.
- Enforce compliance to company policies and effect disciplinary measures on violations
Related Skills/Background Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to organize thoughts, translate to appropriate message, to cater to communication medium/platform (text, email, business brief, phone call, time allowed) and audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Experienced in presenting including ability to deliver easy to understand material and engage audiences of all sizes and levels
- Strong strategy, customer experience & business planning skills, with a bias to action
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of life insurance distribution (multiple channels) processes
- Thorough knowledge of Case Management principles & strategies, all products, Operational and business processes. Understands vendor fulfillment and submission processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and gain commitment and trust from direct reports and colleagues to develop high performing teams. Hands-on collaborative style of working with groups up to 30 is essential.
- Ability to navigate a complex organization structure to locate information and solve problems based on varying levels of urgency and priority
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other systems and/or software used for policy administration, communication, spread sheeting, web platforms, and other enabling tools critical to successfully leading a team
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.