Regional Catastrophe Modeler
RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
AIG Property & Casualty Catastrophe Management Analytics Center of Excellence is looking for a talented individual to join its America's Catastrophe Risk Management team. Successful candidate is going to play an important role in supporting AIG catastrophe risk management by collaborating with underwriting, engineering, and offshore analytics teams.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to manage monthly portfolio aggregation
- Prepare insightful commentary to underwriting stakeholders on portfolio and individual account risk
- Ensure individual account risks are modeled in accordance to standard procedures
- Drive collaboration between CAT risk management and engineering to ensure engineering site inspections are incorporated in modeling data
- Periodically participate in user acceptance testing of proprietary exposure platform
- Assist in development of client engagement tools
- Bachelor degree in science, engineering, statistics, finance or related field
- Good understanding of insurance and reinsurance is a must
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
- 3 years cat modeling experience a plus
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.