Audit Manager (Insurance / Claims)
IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
AIG's Internal Audit Group (IAG) plays a critical role in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of AIG. The team adds value through helping improve operations; bringing a rigorous approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. You will be part of a large and diverse firm working within a team-oriented environment of the Internal Audit Group. You will gain a unique view of AIG, as part of planning and executing on all aspects of the audit process and risk assessment activities and will build close working relationships with business and functional leaders, colleagues across other assurance functions, and within Internal Audit.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit Manager to join our Internal Audit General Insurance team. We are seeking a highly engaged audit professional and/or an individual with subject matter expertise in insurance claims. We are open to train you in our audit practices, while you bring your claims expertise to us!
Strong preference for the following product knowledge and experience:
- Experience and knowledge in General Insurance, including distribution, underwriting, reinsurance, claims, reserving, and insurance operations processes
- Familiarity with applicable insurance laws and regulations
- Preference for prior experience in Claims Adjudication or Claims Quality Assurance
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assist Internal Audit senior management in developing and executing the risk based audit plan
- Continuously update the business risk and control environment assessments for the business areas assigned, through periodic client meetings, ad-hoc walk throughs and data analytics
- Lead and execute risk based audits with limited supervision, including developing the audit test plan, completing the test plan, leading meetings, coaching more junior staff auditors and reviewing audit work papers for compliance with Internal Audit methodology
- Communicate test results with the Internal Audit team and business management both verbally and through written audit reports
- Identify the root cause for internal control deficiencies and be able to provide suggestions for corrective action, including evaluating management action responses to address the root cause
- Identify opportunities to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness for areas under audit
- Draft issues, audit reports, process narratives and other documents that require minimal editing
- Participate on special projects on an as-needed basis
- 6+ years of relevant insurance claims industry experience and/or general audit experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- A relevant certification is preferred (e.g. CPA, CIA, AIC)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Possess effective writing and oral communication/presentation skills to clearly and concisely communicate audit results or other key messages, as needed, to a variety of constituents, including senior business and audit management, and regulators
- Requires some travel, mostly domestic, and ad-hoc international travel when needed
- Solid foundational knowledge of auditing and general insurance business processes, including the relevance of SOX and/or regulatory implications
- Proactive approach to learning the insurance industry and related products for the business areas assigned
- Ability to identify and evaluate key risks and controls across different business processes
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and seeks out ways to improve efficiencies in the Internal Audit process, while holding self-accountable for the success of the team
- Establishes effective working relationships with clients and colleagues, with the ability to manage staff auditors and provide constructive feedback
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.