Strategic Sourcing Recruiter - VALIC Financial Advisors
HR - Human Resources
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
Your future team
At AIG, we believe that people are crucial to the success of an organization. We acknowledge that the contribution of one team can make a lasting impact. We therefore work every day to ensure our employees feel valued and are given the tools to develop and reach their utmost potential. If you're motivated to make a real difference, are collaborative and team oriented and get excited by the prospect of being an innovative change agent, then the AIG HR team is the right place for you. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG.
We are currently seeking a Sourcing Specialist with expertise in implementing national sourcing strategies focused on hiring experienced Financial Advisor talent to join the Life & Retirement Field HR team.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Design and implement national sourcing strategies
- Recruitment marketing projects, social media strategy, and email marketing campaigns
- Diversity and college recruiting initiatives
- Source and phone screen candidates
- Build candidate pipelines - makes initial contact and builds relationships with prospective candidates
- Assess candidate's competency to include job fit, motivational fit and culture fit
- Manage requisitions through the Applicant Tracking Tool (Workday Recruiter)
- Identify and utilize internal and external resources available to assist in proactively seeking talent in a competitive recruiting environment
- Uses effective communication approaches that include proactively keeping the recruiter informed verbally or in written form
- Work with multiple recruiters nationwide on a regular basis to collaborate on optimum approaches to strengthen candidate pool, including recruiting strategies and diversity initiatives
- Use LinkedIn, Indeed and other Job Board sites to identify and engage potential candidates
- Constantly seek new, innovative ways to improve sourcing process
- Maintain call logs and pipeline of sourced candidates
What we are looking for
- 5+ years corporate recruiting and/or external recruitment experience. Prior experience recruiting Financial Advisors or industry experience required.
- Ability to think critically
- Incredibly well organized with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to process changes and different technology systems
- Proficiency with automated applicant tracking tools, Email Systems, web-based recruiting resources and MS Office. Workday Recruiting ATS experience highly desired
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization
- Results-oriented professional with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and somewhat ambiguous corporate environment.
- Outgoing and friendly attitude
- Ability to be organized with a high level of attention to detail
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.