Assoc. Director Agency Debt Management - Brentwood, TN
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The purpose of this job is to oversee the end-to-end handling of Agent Debt balances. This is accomplished by ensuring appropriate controls are in place and consistently executed for identifying, handling, and reporting agent debt balances.
Recouping monies owed to the company have a direct impact on the company's financial results. This position is expected to ensure that we adopt standard, repeatable, and consistent methods to track progress and to have an open dialogue with Distribution regarding unpaid balances.
This position will have prescribed authority for Charge-off of uncollectible balances, debt forgiveness and settlements, and repay agreements. (Authority levels are currently under review)
This position leads and supervises a team of 3-4 non-exempt employees and 1-2 exempt employees and is expected to foster a collaborative working environment where employees focus on delivering exceptional experiences to our customers.
- Manage the day to day activities related to monitoring and collecting Agent Debt.
- Build strong working relationships with our Sales and Distribution teams, serving as the main point of contact for Agency Debt related topics.
- Participate in the resolution of Debt disputes, appropriate Commission Adjustments, Legal and Collection Agency referrals.
- Breakdowns barriers between work teams for superior Customer Service and prompt problem resolution.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration and issue resolution. Identifies and coordinates training to improve processing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Partners with field focused sales teams and distribution partners to identify appropriate action of uncollected debt of active producers.
- Plans, manages, and evaluates work of staff, as well as make decisions regarding pay, performance management, growth & development opportunities, employment and staffing.
- Work within and across organization boundaries to identify and resolve issues and remove obstacles.
- Ensure deliverables and objectives are achieved within budget constraints.
- Organize and facilitate meetings as required.
- Works closely with vendors and internal team members for ongoing straight through process opportunities, including tracking and reporting and measuring against key performance indicators.
Candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree OR 5+ years of management related experience in a customer facing environment. Experience in the financial industry is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving, root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills. Ability to lead data analysis and accurately interpret results, and implement optimum solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present data in various levels of details to a variety of leadership levels.
- Proven Track Record of defining and/or refining processes.
- Strong Work Management and Customer Service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, and achievement oriented.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, handle multiple high-priority demands, competing priorities and multiple-tasks in a fast pace environment.
- Experience working with co-workers in a different location is helpful.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products. MS Access/Excel in depth knowledge preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.