Junior Home Office Travel Underwriter
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
AIG has an unsurpassed global travel insurance underwriting capability through AIG's insurance operations in more than 100 countries. Millions of leisure and business travelers alike rely on Travel Guard®, AIG Travel's portfolio of travel insurance solutions and global assistance services, to help them recover from unexpected circumstances that can interrupt their travel plans. Through eight wholly owned, state-of-the-art global service centers, customers have access to 24/7 emergency travel assistance, medical and security services with more than 40 languages spoken on-site. We help people travel more and worry less.
The Junior Home Office Travel Underwriter will be responsible for executing underwriting strategy for Individual Travel products by producing profitable and sustainable business.
The role would encompass executing strategic planning, product development, portfolio management, process and audits. The person will be responsible for implementing internal underwriting guidelines and procedures.
This role will also serve as the first point of reference and expertise for Home Office Individual Travel referrals and will report into the Global Travel Underwriting Officer.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain, develop and grow the existing customer base
- Direct accountability for the underwriting results with respect to profitability and loss ratio for assigned Individual Travel business
- Adhere to and ensure all applicable underwriting guidelines and principals are practiced and followed
- Understand and monitor profitability as measured by GAAP, Loss Ratios and Combined ratios
- Work closely with client and internal project management team to understand client's product requirements and provide innovative solutions to meet those requirements ensuring profitability and sustainability
- Proactively monitor and manage loss (and expense) ratio performance for the various assigned business, large cases, programs and distribution segments and recommend corrective action to RUM as needed.
- Responsible for the execution of agreed underwriting corrective action plans
- Continuously execute corrective action plans and re-evaluate performance of said action plans to conduct ongoing portfolio management as needed to maintain targeted loss (and commission) ratio performance
- Drive underwriting renewal strategy and ensure effective utilization of monitoring standards including quality reviews to assess underwriting results, loss ratio, renewal retention and rate changes
- Implement action plans based on audit recommendations and findings
- Achieve service levels by managing workflow between underwriting and distribution
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Master's in Management or equivalent preferred
- Proven A&H technical underwriting skills, Knowledge of travel product underwriting preferred
- Strong understanding of A&H insurance products
- Experience managing large and complexity accounts
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong execution and results orientation
- Strong communication and influencing skills and proven ability to collaborate and work across multiple areas of the organization
- Well-developed planning, organizational, presentational and budgeting skills
- Self-motivated and able to establish and execute multi-faceted projects
- Proficient at Microsoft Office suite
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.