LG - Legal, Regulatory & Gov't Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Paralegal to join our AIG Life and Retirement group working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming our industry's employer of choice. AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the United States and a leader in today's financial services marketplace. We believe that our success depends on a world class team. If you would like to be part of this exciting organization, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work and joining our team!
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, you will work with a team of lawyers and other professionals who are responsible for legal support for strategic projects for the AIG life insurance companies.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Handle all aspects of legal support of life insurance including legal research, drafting and review of relevant documentation
- Provide general contract review, research of corporate and business unit policies/procedures, support of federal and state legislation tracking and related tasks, and special projects support.
- 5+ years of relevant industry and/or major law firm experience
- Self-starter initiative with the ability to meet and exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task and remain flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proven problem-solving skills that demonstrate creativity and commitment to AIG core values of integrity, collaboration, and diversity of perspectives—critical to becoming our clients' most valued insurer
- Demonstrated ability to balance thoughtful decision making with careful and timely execution
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, research and writing skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and a willingness to “pitch in” to support, enrich and strengthen our Life & Retirement Legal Team
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.