Team Leader/Senior Underwriting Specialist
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the Foreign Casualty team. AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities
Your contribution at AIG
Foreign Casualty is seeking a self-motivated professional to serve in the role of Team Leader and Foreign Casualty production underwriter. This involves providing coverage for the operations of US based multinationals for their operations outside of the United States. The lines of coverage written are general liability, workers compensation, employers liability, automobile liability and automobile physical damage. International underwriting experience is preferred but not required. Candidate should be prepared to accomplish both desk and underwriting and sales/marketing responsibilities through effective time-management.
What we are looking for
- 6-9 years of commercial property & casualty experience.
- Strong sales, presentation and computer skills are preferred.
- Management/Leadership experience is desired as the candidate will assist the Regional Underwriting Manager in managing the portfolio, account lifecycle, budget preparation/tracking as well as assist in the day to management of the Team.
- International underwriting experience is preferred but not a requirement.
- Possess a high degree of personal accountability for individual work product.
- Must be committed to conducting business in a manner that complies with all relevant ethical and regulatory standards.
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with a proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives