Technical Quality Engineering Professional
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
JOB TITLE: Technical Quality Engineering Professional
PURPOSE OF JOB: Provide technical leadership with hands-on capabilities in implementing quality engineering especially focused on Digital architecture.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of persons classified. Management reserves the right to add to or change the job as required.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Creates detailed technical testing strategy across projects
- Performs Web Services Testing
- Develops and executes API Test Automation
- Lead technical triaging of defects to help identify defective component
- Is able to utilize Service Virtualization, Stubbing, Mocking for early testing
- Proficient in Files / Extracts validation
- Proficient in Database testing
- Trains other resources in QE Skills
- Provides overall QE status for projects
- Lead Quality Engineering processes for multiple projects.
- Defines, analyzes, and evaluates testing requirements to meet business needs.
- Analyzes business requirements and functional specifications to determine scope of testing. Reviews business requirements for completeness and makes appropriate recommendations for changes or other solutions.
- Reviews test plans, test scenarios, test cases prepared by others for completeness.
- Uses a variety of tools, including automated test tool, SQL queries, and quality process tools, for execution of test cases and documentation of results for acceptance testing of mainframe, PC-based, client server and/or web-based business applications.
- Develop QA metrics for assessing the quality of newly developed testing
- Conduct analysis of current software process practices.
- Document proposed practices and testing improvements. Mentor teams in proper methods
- Provide input into the development of project plans and timetables.
- Provide technical support and training to the QA staff.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Quality Assurance Team. Approves projects to QA, handles resource planning, creates training plans for new employees, provides quality metrics, and attends meetings with business partners. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of others.
- Leads testing effort for more than one project, including planning; estimation, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results and training team members. Provides frequent statuses of testing progress to management.
- Develop QA guidelines, schedule and report. Conduct QA audits
- May manage a team or assist the QA Manager in the review and evaluation of team performance.
- Evaluate, analyze and develop new or revised QA procedures and ensures conformance to these standards.
- Reviews and ensures projects follow SDLC process when approving projects through QA process.
- Provides supervision to other application support staff.
- Reviews, evaluates and prepares periodic performance reports of the staff.
Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience in Quality Assurance including experience leading projects.
- Technical Quality Engineering Skills
- Analytical, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Expert working knowledge of QA standards and processes.
- Ability to manage the use of automated testing tools
- Ability to lead multiple projects
- Ability to train and coach existing and new employees
- Consultative, communication and management skills ( business cases, etc.)
- Knowledge of insurance industry
- Experience using QA testing tools and test management tools.
- Experience managing offshore teams.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.