Director of Travel Insurance Sales - California
SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): More than 50%
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Guard Group, Inc.
AIG has an opportunity in our Travel Guard division for a Director of Sales who will be responsible for a designated territory in the field to meet Retail sales goals and objectives. The primary purpose is to prospect and develop new business in the California territory in addition to growing existing business. The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prospecting new accounts to sign new business
- Selling company products and services to customers and prospects in assigned territory
- Selling solutions and concepts to decision makers at travel agencies
- Selling value and innovative solutions beyond the core product to meet buyer needs
- Seeking to develop partnership with accounts
- Working with other team members to meet and exceed customer expectations and increase sales of the Travel Guard products and services by attaining agreed upon objectives for Travel Guard through telephonic and field sales efforts
- Providing in-person training on product knowledge and sales techniques
- Attending trade shows within the market as needed
- Attending customer based association meetings as needed to maintain relationships and grow territory
- Other duties as necessary
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5-10 years of sales experience and industry experience
- Must have solid working knowledge of travel industry as well as solid experience in sales and sales process
- Must have existing industry contacts and be able to travel up to 50%
- Advanced level territory management skills
- Advanced level Travel industry knowledge and working knowledge of property management
- Advanced knowledge of sales processes
* Position must be based in Southern California with a 50 mile radius of Los Angeles, CA.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.