Analyst - Capital Markets Risk Data
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG GLOBAL ASSET MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS CORP
The Global Investment Operations team primarily supports AIG's Investments+ organization, which provides investment advisory and asset management services to AIG and its businesses with ~$340 billion in assets under management.
In this role, the new analyst will be responsible for providing operational support to Enterprise Risk Management, Investments and a number of Insurance business units ensuring that accurate and comprehensive data is captured for AIG's counterparties, resulting in accurate financial and risk reporting. The Operations team and this position are based in Wilton, Connecticut.
- Research current or potential counterparties of AIG in order to create a comprehensive record for each counterparty to includes attributes such as: country information, i.e. domicile, incorporation and risk, industry information and legal hierarchy structure.
- Monitor internal credit exposure limits and risk ratings, and partner with the respective teams to ensure compliance.
- Process corporate action and M & A activity at the issuer level.
- Review and process data quality control reports.
- Produce weekly and monthly reporting for senior ERM executives.
- Provide high level support to our internal stakeholders.
- Participate in strategic projects and data cleansing initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Minimum of three years of experience within the financial services industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of various types of corporate actions and legal hierarchy structures.
- Familiarity with a wide range of financial products and securities - corporate, sovereign & municipal debt, structured products, equity instruments, etc.
- Strong research skills for locating accurate and reliable information.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg.
- Familiarity with credit agency reference data (i.e. Moody's, Fitch, and S&P).
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Business Administration, Economics, Finance, etc.).
The candidate must be an effective communicator with strong analytical and organizational skills. Must also be a team player that can take direction while having the ability and confidence to suggest process improvements. Should be comfortable with technology and have the ability to adapt and succeed under adverse conditions. In addition, the candidate must be comfortable operating in a controlled environment and understand the benefit of oversight. Most importantly, the candidate should have a desire to learn and to grow.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.