Manager, Event Marketing
SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG General Insurance Company, Ltd.
This position will be responsible for developing, planning, and executing external facing event experiences and marketing strategies that advance the AIG brand.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to develop compelling client and broker events and meetings that generate awareness, interest, and leads.
- Implements pre-event, during, and post-event marketing plans and tactics that maximize the value of each event.
- Develops the overall event strategy and theme, defines the event objectives, suggests new and creative approaches to engage attendees, implements the plan, and measures the effectiveness of the plan after the event.
- Creates thought leadership platforms and compelling content that is aligned to the event strategy and objectives, that provides a compelling program, and that attracts and engages attendees and influences their decisions.
- Manages external facing events and meetings inclusive of venue selection, negotiations, contract revisions, agendas, all logistics planning including transportation, food and beverage, accommodations and budget reconciliation.
- Negotiates contracts and oversees the execution of numerous third party vendors, including DMC's, hotels, caterers, AV, and décor.
- Develops event collateral such as signage, promotional inventory, messaging and branding, and presentation materials.
- Assists with preparing budgets and keeping track of event finances to report to senior leadership following each event.
- Communicates regularly with executive stakeholders on event status, objectives, and agenda items from pre-launch through program execution.
- Utilizes Cvent (AIG's event management tool) to register and track meetings and events, manage registration and track event spend. This person will also be responsible for the creation of mobile event apps.
- Evaluates program impact and plan for continuous improvement. Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Bachelor's degree with 5 - 7 years in marketing and events management, preferably in professional or financial services.
- Strong event management and event marketing skills with demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement, and ability to execute projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed organization and to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong negotiation, project, and time management skills.
- Budget oversight skills including, creation, management, analysis, and reconciliation.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Cvent (or other event management software), and mobile event apps.
- Detailed understanding of event and conference contract terms and conditions and experience with contract negotiations.
- Demonstrated on-site event leadership.
- Must be highly creative, enthusiastic, and take an interest in keeping up with the Industry trends.
- A basic knowledge of audio visual requirements is required.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work with C suite executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to respond to conflicting demands which may be on an urgent and ad-hoc basis, and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to be poised under pressure, flexible with time constraints, and changing schedules.
- This position will require up to 25% travel.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.