UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Support of underwriting team specializing in underwriting of insurable risks as they relate to corporate M&A transactions (including preparation of deal documents) and development of relationships with M&A source producers (brokers, lawyers and private equity fund principals).
Main duties/Accountabilities/Key Performance Indicators
The Analyst will support the transactional insurance team, including representations and warranties insurance, tax liability insurance and contingent liability insurance. Among other things, the Analyst will:
- Conduct background research on the parties to a particular transaction and the industries in which they operate.
- Review and understand the client's motivation for requesting the insurance coverage, the role the insurance is playing in the transaction, and the value of the insurance to the transaction.
- Review and understand documentation relevant to the analysis and assessment of the risk.
- Analyze and assess the underlying risk in accordance with the relevant product line policies and procedures.
- Prepare non-binding indication letters, insurance policies and binder agreements.
- Interact with clients, client's advisors, brokers and other deal professionals.
- Participate on underwriting conference calls.
- Manage the underwriting process and, in cooperation with the legal department, the selection of and work performed by outside counsel.
- Present preliminary findings and conclusions to senior underwriters and management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Highly focused, enthusiastic and creative thinker;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaboratively work on a global basis; and
- Ability to be a self starter and work independently.
- College graduate; and
- Specific experience with M&A, insurance sector or other financial institutions a strong plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.