Senior M&A Analyst
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Support of underwriting team specializing in underwriting of insurable risks as they relate to corporate M&A transactions (including preparation of deal documents) and development of relationships with M&A source producers (brokers, lawyers and private equity fund principals).
Main duties/Accountabilities/Key Performance Indicators
The Senior M&A Analyst will support the transactional insurance team, including representations and warranties insurance, tax liability insurance and contingent liability insurance.
Among other things, the Senior M&A Analyst's main responsibilities will be to:
(a) negotiate confidentiality agreements, non-reliance letters and
(b) draft insurance policies, and review comments from insured and its advisers.
In addition, the Senior M&A Analyst resposbilities may also include
- Conducting background research on the parties to a particular transaction and the industries in which they operate.
- Reviewing and understanding the client's motivation for requesting the insurance coverage, the role the insurance is playing in the transaction, and the value of the insurance to the transaction.
- Reviewing and understanding documentation relevant to the analysis and assessment of the risk.
- Analyzing and assessing the underlying risk in accordance with the relevant product line policies and procedures.
- Preparing non-binding indication letters, insurance policies and binder agreements.
- Interacting with clients, client's advisors, brokers and other deal professionals.
- Participating on underwriting conference calls.
- Managing the underwriting process and, in cooperation with the legal department, the selection of and work performed by outside counsel.
- Presenting preliminary findings and conclusions to senior underwriters and management.
- Legally qualified/JD;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Highly focused, enthusiastic and creative thinker;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaboratively work on a global basis; and
- Ability to be a self starter and work independently.
- Law graduate; and
- Specific experience with M&A, insurance sector or other financial institutions a strong plus.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives