AIGRM Associate Underwriter
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
- Assist in the issuance of quotes, binders, endorsement and policies within time guidelines.
- Ensure underwriting files and services standards and compliance guidelines are adhered to on assigned accounts.
- Analyze submissions to ensure completeness and rate readiness, evaluate risks and controls, and ensure compatibility with risk appetite.
- Analyze loss information and financial statements to facilitate quote development.
- Assist in soliciting and following up on outstanding submission information from brokers.
- Work with senior underwriting staff on risks requiring special handling.
- Capture market intelligence and broker feedback on accounts drive account and portfolio strategies.
- Identify and resolve account alerts and blocks during the submission process to avoid account conflicts.
- Assist in premium coding, booking resolution issues and post-policy transactions.
- Actively seek out ways to build your industry and underwriting expertise, by learning more about AIGRM product offerings and risk evaluation through formal and informal learning opportunities.
- Support underwriters by assisting in communicating and executing AIGRM strategies to brokers.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience; Prior insurance experience required.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Working knowledge of financial statements and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
- Ability to facilitate cross-function collaboration, especially regarding technical aspects.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Takes initiative on projects and assignments, seeks alternate solutions when necessary.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives