Internal Wholesaler - CA
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
American General Life Insurance Company
This is an excellent position for someone looking for a career in financial sales and to join a growing team with a top tier annuity provider. The internal wholesaler will work with an external wholesaler as a business development resource to financial planners and advisors for AIG annuity products.
The internal wholesaler will be primarily responsible for gathering and utilizing marketing intelligence to increase sales for a specific territory. Together with the external wholesaler this position is responsible for developing new and maintaining existing business relationships. Business relationships are forged via proactively contacting financial advisors and providing sales support by responding to advisors calls regarding our products. This position offers base plus commission with future growth.
• Making proactive sales calls to educate financial advisors on AIG's annuity products
• Responding to calls and questions about AIG's product offerings
• Corresponding via email to financial advisors, external wholesalers, and other internal departments
• Creating and sending case specific illustrations on AIG annuities The selected candidate should be a goal oriented, self-directed individual who is constantly striving to exceed expectations with an enthusiastic sales attitude. The candidate should also be motivated by achieving set goals and increasing sales within a designated territory.
• Bachelor's Degree or work equivalent with an emphasis on marketing/business preferred
• One to two years minimum of financial industry experience in sales capacity preferred
• FINRA Series 6 or 7 required
• Additional Licenses maybe required within 30 Days of hire
• Top notch phone etiquette and excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.