Senior Manager- Actuarial Analytics
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
We are searching for an energetic, innovative and seasoned Senior Manager and Actuary to join the Portfolio Analytics team within AIG Commercial Pricing & Analytics.
The team is created to help drive Commercial Underwriting strategy formulation, planning and tracking through data driven analytics and insights. Our goal is to enable underwriters to set targets and conduct scenario planning and to track actual performances to provide a timely “feedback loop” to the businesses to achieve targets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own underwriting “feedback loops” of commercial businesses by working and collaborating closely with the Pricing and Underwriting teams as well as others to ensure current strategy execution is on trajectory to achieve business goal
- Work with a group of analysts and actuaries to provide data driven analytics; mentor analysts on analytic techniques and business knowledge; contributing to a learning and innovation culture as well as knowledge sharing.
- Enhance the portfolio management processes to ensure timely delivery of tasks with accuracies
- Build extensive relationships with diverse stakeholders— including pricing and underwriting teams, finance, IT etc to external partners and manage stakeholder relationships and communications.
- Lead project teams consistent of cross-functional team members and deliver results on time
- Provide both high-level executive insights and deep-detail understanding across a variety of businesses
- Ability to leverage technical and programming skills to drive insights and automate analytic processes.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or related areas required
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills
- 3-5 years of experience in large scale project management - ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams to gather inputs and align objectives and recommendations through quantitative analyses
- 5+ years of working experience in commercial insurance business
- ACAS or FCAS strongly preferred
- advanced programming skills in quantitative analysis software packages/languages such as Excel/VBA, R, SAS, SQL, and Python
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.