IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
AIG is seeking a DevOps Engineer to become part of a team in designing, developing, deploying, and supporting solutions for the IT Life, Health and Disability pillar of the organization. The candidate will be part of the Data Management Continuous Improvement Team (CIT) responsible for CI/CD and ensuring KPIs are met utilizing monitoring automation and reporting for batch and real time processing in our Big Data ecosystem Data Lake Integration
- Work with DevOps team to provide KPIs and Metrics.
- Automate monitoring and reporting tools for click free threshold alerts/notifications.
- Help streamline application release management.
- Work with development teams to implement continuous improvement through Agile sprints.
- Collaborate with internal/external IT partners to resolve issues to complete resolution.
- Create incident tickets, aggressive follow-up, daily reporting, and RCA.
- Document and enter issues/resolution into the knowledge database.
- Work with deployment team to improve efficiencies for monitoring, reporting, and auditing.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of internal systems and supporting tools.
- Provide application and infrastructure support.
- Ensure applications are performing well and within agreed upon SLAs.
- Maintain, tune, and support systems on a day-to-day basis to insure high availability.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Excellent technical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and team skills.
- Proficient with Agile development practices, JIRA, and Confluence.
- DevOps background and experience.
- Working knowledge of ELT/ETL batch, real-time, streaming, and messaging.
- Exposure to NoSQL and SQL databases support.
- Working knowledge of Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, and Big Data Hadoop concepts.
- Experience with AWS Cloud applications and implementations a plus.
Background and experience desired:
- Bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent work experience.
- Experience within the insurance or the financial industry a plus.
- IT professional with strong teamwork qualities.
- IT background with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
- 3+ years' DevOps experience.
- 1+ years of experience with distributed, highly-scalable, multi-node environments utilizing Big Data ecosystems.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives