Senior Voice Engineer
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
• Design, planning and execution of real-time communications services (TDM and IP Telephony, SIP, SBC, Session Routing, ACD, Contact Center, Voice-mail, legacy PBX migrations, IP Telephony platform upgrades, etc…) that are consistent with the goal and objectives set by the AIGTS global utility model and lines of business throughout the company.
• Develops enterprise level dial plans, long distance trunk aggregation and toll-bypass strategies.
• Develops and implementing fixed-mobile convergence solutions (ex. Avaya, Cisco, Skype, Voice over WiFi, etc…).
• Implements road maps with adherence to global technology strategy and standards including best practices.
• Contribute to execution plans and executes technical infrastructure projects to upgrade or refresh supported systems.
• Develops high and low level technical documentation in accordance with processes and procedures for consistent deployments and operational turnover.
• Develops utilities to automate repetitive tasks to reduce time of support.
• Develops and contributes to policies, standards and procedures, and documentation of best practices/process improvements.
• Identifies and leverages best practices among Engineering staff as well as within peer teams.
• Interfaces with various levels or groups within the organization to gain consensus and buy-in from all parties.
• Interacts with customers and/or functional peer group managers.
• Demonstrate the ability to train on an document technical concepts and procedures and cross trains others in this area.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required.
• 10 years of enterprise real-time communications infrastructure experience.
• Developing Self & Others through Coaching, Contributing to Team Success, Continuously Learning and Sharing Knowledge.
• Vendor Interaction, understand the product/technology lifecycle, follow end-of-life and provide recommendation for changes/upgrades.
• Demonstrates tactical ownership for the management and support of assigned infrastructure areas participating in initiatives to maintain a secure and effective global technical infrastructure service.
• Demonstrates high analytical skills, Is self-motivated/directed.
• Applies standards consistently across all solutions.
• Demonstrates senior level technical skills and ability to successfully complete and resolve complex, non-routine solution designs to address customer requirements.
• Demonstrates strategic foresight while employing hands-on technical skills on projects and work assignments.
• Demonstrates ability to develop, organize and analyze performance metrics in their given function.
• Demonstrates ability to develop, communicate and educate on standard operating procedures within their given function.
• Delivers by possessing productivity, professionalism, customer service attitude, attention to detail and quality; ability to multitask; team focus, strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and adherence to standard operating procedures.
• Demonstrates ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and ability to take direction from multiple areas.
• Demonstrates strong skills utilizing documentation and presentation tools such as Visio and PowerPoint.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives