Sr. Catastrophe Risk Analyst
RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Your future team
AIG's Enterprise Risk Management sets AIG's global corporate strategy for risk management and supports the front line risk takers in proactively managing risks in support of AIG's goal to be our clients most valued insurer. Our mission is to identify, quantify, and manage risks proactively developing a framework to maintain successful business operations and deliver sustainable, long-term profitability. ERM is made up of both corporate and business unit risk professionals working collaboratively as “one team” to improve decision-making through better analytics that create transparency, and focus on the mitigation of the top risks that could damage AIG's intrinsic value. ERM partners with risk professionals embedded in the businesses as well as other operations throughout AIG's key geographic modules to apply the risk policies (e.g. Operational Risk, Reinsurance) and ensure information flows seamlessly to the corporate level.
AIG General Insurance Catastrophe Risk Management Analytics Center of Excellence (CAT CoE) is looking for qualified candidate to join its corporate catastrophe risk aggregation team. Successful candidate is responsible of leading the corporate level Dynamic Financial Analyses to evaluate AIG's catastrophe exposures on a quarterly basis to support both internal/external risk monitoring and reporting. This includes regulatory/rating agencies' surveys/reports for various AIG insurance legal entities. The candidate is also responsible of supporting the corporate catastrophe reinsurance placement and participating/leading the transformation of existing processes to more technology driven processes.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
- Participate in the quarterly data call activities and work with various teams to ensure quality delivery within 2 months from the quarter end to CAT CoE's stakeholders
- Lead the DFA modeling to evaluate AIG GI's catastrophe exposure by incorporating reinsurances (both corporate and unit level CAT reinsurances) not modeled in CAT models, and produce quarterly report to support management dynamic decision making.
- Perform the DFA analysis to monitor GI's AAL progression as well as trending analysis of exposure movements on quarterly basis and report to management timely
- Work closely with ERM and Strategic Finance to support external risk reporting including various regulatory and rating agencies' surveys/reports for various AIG's legal entities, document modeling inputs, assumptions and results, perform trending analysis of exposure movement and report accordingly.
- Participate and drive the technology transformation by: work closely with various parties (GES, portfolio/account modeling teams (on-shore and off-shore), and business leaders); utilize the Microstrategy platform to monitor the data in GES data warehouse; and establish feedback/correction process with the aim to improve the data quality and accuracy
- Some CAT risk related ad hoc tasks
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5 years cat modeling experience with major catastrophe models, including RMS, AIR and EQECAT
- Bachelor degree in science, engineering, statistics, finance or related field; advanced degree preferred
- Experience with MetaRisk, Remetrica, Igloo, or other DFA models is critical
- Knowledge of both insurance and reinsurance is a must
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Team work
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
AIG reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check, tailored to the requirements of a job, after a conditional employment offer is made. Unless otherwise required by law, AIG does not automatically exclude any applicant with a criminal conviction for a job or class or jobs. For more information about Philadelphia law specifically, copy and paste the following link within your browser: http://www.phila.gov/HumanRelations/PDF/BTB%20POSTER%20FINAL_3-9-16.pdf