QA Analyst - Life Insurance
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Provide Use-Case oriented Quality Assurance testing for vendor and/ or proprietary business software applications. Recommend and develop solutions for QA processes, testing, and techniques. Must possess Life Insurance domain expertise.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of persons classified. Management reserves the right to add to or change the job as required.
- Creates test plans for small and medium projects.
- Creates tests scripts from requirements.
- Executes testing analyzing and verifying results.
- Uses testing tools where applicable to aid in testing. Preferably JIRA, CA ARD or Conformiq,
- Log, review and tracks errors.
- Participates and provides input to business requirements.
- Participate in various kinds of testing such as: stress testing, smoke testing, security testing, systems testing.
- Adhere to QA standards and make recommendations (e.g. process improvements).
- Documents and implements lessons learned.
- Documents and presents test results and provides updates to the project team.
- Review and evaluate project deliverables to ensure they conform to quality standards.
- Provide quality assurance expertise in all development projects from initiation through implementation.
- Estimates time for various projects.
- Attend project meetings between business and IT when they are the lead.
- Mentor and train teams in proper methods.
- Develop and deliver training for QA any new functionality.
- Handle moderate to complex problem resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology preferred with 4-10 years quality assurance experience including 1 year experience leading projects.
- Experience using automated testing tools.
Experience in Life Insurance domain
- Analytical, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Work collaboratively among stakeholders.
- Knowledge of insurance industry.
- Experience with QA practices and standards.
- Experience with testing various systems and business areas.
- Experience with SDLC processes.
- Experience with QA tools including automation.
- Ability to use PC based office automation tools.
- Knowledge of the various business areas.
- Ability to train and coach existing and new employees.
- Ability to lead small projects.
- Ability to run queries against databases and data tables using tools/ languages such as SQL.
- Self-motivated, independent and enterprising.
- Knowledge of software process improvement.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives