Unified Communications Service Enablement Engineering Lead
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
The Unified Communications Service Enablement Engineering Lead reports into the Head of Unified Communications & Collaboration and will oversee and drive user adoption to ensure a seamless transition to new UCC services across AIG.
The individual should be able to work across regions and functions to design, implement, maintain and enhance AIG's Unified Communications Services. This role is essential for ensuring the employees at AIG have a consistent, positive experience with respect to use of the available integrated real-time communication technologies and services, along with achieving high customer satisfaction rates.
This person will have experience in the data, voice, mobility, and video domains to articulate and document a compelling vision of how the internal portfolio of our unified communications services evolves. Expertise with communications services including telephony, VoIP technology, Web RTC, instant messaging, presence, audio conferencing, web conferencing, SMS, and desktop sharing are critical to the role.
Responsibilities include the development an adoption plan, alignment of our communication and marketing plan as it relates to the new service, Demos, and measure progress of the adoption rate. The role will be required to create the information and collateral needed for Training the end user, operations, and/or train the trainer. This includes but is not limited to AnswerWiki, NetWiki, how to Guides, FAQs.
• Define the Adoption strategy for Unified Communications for all regions and oversee its execution to achieve the desired results; ensure alignment with the AIG Technology Services roadmap.
• Create and deploy How To guides, tutorial guides, tutorial videos and other information and collateral that improves the delivery of Unified Communications to meet evolving business requirements.
• Transform the culture of Unified Communications, increasing customer satisfaction levels within the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years of management experience with at least 7+ direct years of leadership experience, including running Unified Communications with breadth across multiple IT disciplines.
• Proven experience in Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies (OTV, PFR, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Spanning Tree).
• Proven Experience in MPLS Wide Area Connectivity , Wireless, Access-Control, Policy Based Routing.
• Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining complex VoIP call control, call routing and applications and services.
• Prior or current In-depth hands-on knowledge and demonstrable technical experience in designing and implementing routing protocols, Quality of Service, and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Gateways.
• Experience working with global delivery challenges including managing global traffic management/load balancing, CDN technologies, robust DNS and IP Space architectures, DDOS mitigation strategies, WAN optimizations and regional performance troubleshooting and remediation.
• Strong technical competency across a diverse technology environment (e.g. Avaya, Cisco, Skype) with the ability to lead by example and drive change.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives