FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American International Group, Inc.
As a member of the Legacy Finance team, you will be responsible for the review and analysis of monthly and quarterly financial data. This data includes reporting by product line and function for all direct and non-direct expenses. Additionally, you will interface with others in the Legacy segment and other functional areas. You must have advanced Excel skills and be able to maintain and modify spreadsheets used for reconciliation, analysis and reporting. The key to success in this position is being proactive, detail oriented, focused on identifying opportunities to improve the existing process, willing to share ideas and recommendations, plus exhibiting exceptional computer and organizational skills.
The position reports to the Legacy CFO team Senior Director and Life Director. This position works closely with local finance teams including Controllers and FP&A.
- Use SAP general ledger, BPC, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint to generate monthly reconciliations, trend reports, effective management reports and analysis. Research trends and variances, communicate with appropriate staff to resolve issues and escalate issues when assistance is needed. Develop reports using BPC to facilitate timely concise explanations for line of business and period over period reporting.
- Meet all reporting deadline due dates and requirements set by AIG management or external constituencies. Reports should include valid and complete financial data, supported by appropriate documentation and agreement to the ledger systems as applicable. Respond to ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to automate and streamline workflow, increase efficiency and transparency and strengthen controls to ensure the accuracy of data, developing greater opportunities to provide management with actionable analytic.
- Gain an understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting principles, to be able to provide critical analysis of results and variances. Learn about market, industry and economic factors that drive the business and financial results. Develop relationships with members of other departments to facilitate resolution of issues and stay informed of potential future issues.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 5 to 8 years accounting and analysis experience required. Insurance or financial services industry experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and CPA certification or qualified candidacy is preferred.
- Ability to analyze data and research accounting and financial issues.
- Strong communication skills enabling you to work effectively in person, on the phone and via email with other departments to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision. Technical expertise must include strong knowledge of Excel, accounting and general ledger systems. The ability to work in a fast-paced multi-company, multi-systems environment with regular deadlines is the key to success.
- Experience working in a mid-to-large company environment is preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives