Senior Underwriter - Kidnap, Ransom & Extortion
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
Location: Please note this position can be located anywhere in the US. Main desired locations are: Chicago, IL, New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA.
Job Description: AIG has an opportunity for a Senior Underwriter in its Kidnap, Ransom & Extortion Division. The key responsibilities of this position are as follows: Underwriting and servicing of Kidnap & Ransom policies, both New and Renewal Meeting with agents in their assigned region(s) Building and maintaining broker relationships Adhering to renewal retention goals and profitability Developing cross-sell opportunities for other AIG divisions Other responsibilities as required/assigned by management
- Minimum of 6 to 9 years of general insurance experience Kidnap, Ransom & Extortion highly preferred
- Insurance experience highly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong marketing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Travel (monthly) on marketing and sales calls throughout assigned region(s)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.