Head of Data Transformation and Implementation
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Property Casualty Company
AIG advises a range of companies - from technology startups to publicly traded, Fortune 500 in size - on solutions to manage their global risk. In today's ever more complex, interconnected, global world, the science of risk management is critical to achieving business objectives.
AIG views actuaries as the inventive force behind business profit evaluation and optimal reserving. They leverage big data so business leaders make more informed decisions. Among other projects, actuaries at AIG monitor key performance indicators, identify dynamic and changing trends, ensure compliance with the evolving legal landscape, and help ensure the long term viability of AIG as an enterprise.
AIG has an Exciting opportunity for a talented leader and Actuary. AIG is looking for an actuary to join its General Insurance Actuarial Modernization Program. The Actuarial Modernization Program is responsible for developing and operationalizing the next generation technological platform, methodologies, and processes to support the domestic and international Property/Casualty actuarial functions.
The incumbent will serve as a Product Owner and will be responsible for the successful design, development, and rollout the data systems, infrastructure, and technological platform on which all AIG actuaries will perform its Property/Casualty actuarial reserving analyses, quarter closing, and reporting. The incumbent will have to coordinate with end users, developers, and the other modernization focus areas. The incumbent will ensure proper training, documentation, and adoption of the platform (both domestically and internationally). The incumbent will have to provide regular status updates to key stakeholders (e.g., senior management).
- Responsible for the successful design, development, and rollout the data systems, infrastructure, and technological platform on which all AIG actuaries will perform its Property/Casualty actuarial reserving analyses, quarter closing, and reporting
- Coordinate with end users, developers, and the other modernization focus areas
- Ensure proper training, documentation, and adoption of the platform
- Communicate with and advise senior management, as well as underwriters, controllers, or claims departments
- Keep aware of emerging issues affecting product lines, technology, and analytical methods
- BS in Actuarial Science, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area
- 10 years or more of property casualty experience, with some in reserving strongly preferred
- ACAS/FCAS or other related financial designation (e.g., CPA)
- Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial data needs, reserving methodologies/techniques, and/or financial controls
- Ability to look at all matters creatively and with ingenuity
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Modern data analysis toolsets (e.g., R, Python, Tableau)
- Modern data systems (e.g., MongoDB, Hadoop, Netezza)
- Data governance (e.g., data dictionary, versioning, reproducibility)
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.