Compliance Testing Manager
CP - Compliance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
We have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Testing Manager to join our Compliance team! You will primarily be responsible for supporting a global compliance testing program by executing compliance testing reviews across AIG including assessing key risks and evaluating associate control design and effectiveness.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Participate in related meetings and complete all required documentation that supports the work performed in accordance with methodology requirements.
- Communicate test results with compliance and business management both verbally and through written compliance testing reports.
Draft issues, reports and prepare planning memos, process narratives, flow charts, lead sheets and risk control documents as well as other test related material that requires minimal editing.
- Recommend ratings for both issues and reports based on the work performed taking into account the risk presented to the entity and to AIG.
Review work papers prepared by senior reviewers for quality and accuracy
- Provide feedback and coaching to staff as required, including assisting with the preparation of mid-year and annual performance evaluation process.
Build effective relationships with colleagues to enable partnership and collaboration for control related matters.
- Develop understanding of business practices as well as key local laws and regulations that impact the test plan in the various business units where testing is conducted.
- Act as a consultant to business management in developing the solutions to assist in resolving critical issues impacting the area of coverage.
- Identify the root cause for breaches of local law, regulation policy and/or internal control deficiencies. Be able to present suggestions for process improvements, associated corrective action as well as evaluating the timeliness and proposed remedial actions by management.
- Recommend opportunities to update the test plan based on observations during execution of test work as well as areas to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness both for processes being reviewed and Compliance Monitoring and Testing Methodology.
- Participate in special projects or ad-hoc assignments on an as-needed basis
- 8+ years of relevant progressive auditing experience with a focus on identifying risks and evaluating control design and effectiveness.
- Solid foundational knowledge of planning and executing audits focused on control design and effectiveness.
- Understanding of insurance and/or investments business processes, including the applicability of key laws and regulations.
- Solid understanding of SEC, FINRA and Investment Act of 1940 requirements.
- Proactive approach to enhancing insurance and/or investments industry and related product knowledge to ensure compliance test efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience leading small teams during an audit cycle, providing direction on audit assignments, coaching staff with respect to requirements and providing feedback on performance related matters.
- Regional travel is required, depending on business requirements (approx. 25%)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access), Visio (for process map) and other audit software tool.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; Accounting or Finance preferred or a Master's degree.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives