Investigations Manager I
IA - Internal Audit
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
AIG is seeking an Investigations Manager I to join the Global Investigative Group (“GIG”) team in our New York Office. GIG is a specialized unit within AIG's Global Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Affairs Department. The position investigates allegations of employee, agent and vendor fraud, with a focus on forensic investigations of financial reporting, fraud and misconduct and accounting matters. The investigative work may require travel, depending on the location of the conduct at issue. This position will report to the Investigations Director in the GIG.
The Investigations Manager I will have the following key competencies and responsibilities:
• Execute investigations and special reviews with a moderate level of supervision (relevant to the years of experience).
• Conduct fact finding and investigative interviews of key subjects. Prepare succinct interview memos summarizing the topics discussed, findings and other observations.
• Perform email reviews to identify evidence of fraud and to corroborate information uncovered during the investigative process. Summarize and present the results of email reviews to management highlighting relevant facts and observations.
• Draft reports detailing work performed and conclusions reached that require minimal editing and provide a clear message to ensure client understanding and suggestion for corrective action.
• Ability to concurrently work on multiple projects, participates in assignments in a team environment, and consistently meets deadlines.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or other relevant degree.
- Certifications including a CIA, CFE, CPA, or Chartered Accountant are preferred.
- 2 or more years of relevant accounting experience (private or public) or corporate/financial investigative experience. Previous \"Big 4\" public accounting experience is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, Access & PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are essential.
- Willingness to travel: up to 10% annually.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives