Insurance Risk Manager
RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
As a part of AIG's ERM organization, the Corporate Insurance group is responsible for mitigating the Company's operating exposures by maintaining insurance programs to manage risk at acceptable levels. You will work closely with AIG business units internally and externally with brokers, vendors and non affiliated insurance companies to transfer the risk of loss by purchasing insurance with an objective to maintain expenses, including the retained loss costs insurance at reasonable levels and in line with the Company's risk appetite.
This position reports to the Director of Corporate Insurance and is expected to consistently perform as follows:
- Analyze and assess the impact of Property & Casualty risks of loss arising out of AIG's business operations.
- Evaluate, select and develop appropriate risk control and risk finance techniques to minimize pure loss impact.
- Direct, coordinate, and negotiate insurance placements for AIG, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Manage placement and administration of AIG, Inc.'s corporate blanket insurance programs that are assigned: 3-4 corporate including Domestic Casualty: Auto, GL and WC and 2-3 subsidiary programs.
- Deliver presentations for internal and external audiences on AIG's insurance, operations and risk management programs.
- Prepare insurance risk reports: types and amount of claims, changes in exposure factors, profit & loss statements, and insurance renewal expense budget estimates with appropriate support.
- Review AIG vendor, special events and real estate contracts to assess the operational risks and advise on the appropriate amount and type of insurance required. Provide insurance guidance and ensure insurance contract sections are in sync with indemnity and hold harmless sections.
- College degree with 3 to 5 years working experience in insurance industry - insurance risk manager, underwriter, claims analyst, insurance broker, insurance consultant.
- Working knowledge and experience in primary casualty insurance: WC, Auto and General liability lines required.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, interpersonal communication and negotiation skills a must.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience with advanced Excel proficiency.
- Insurance designation or in pursuit of such as CPCU, RPLU, ARM, etc., highly desired.
- Familiarity of property and master control programs highly desired.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives