AIGRM Underwriting Manager
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
RISK SPECIALISTS COMPANIES INSURANCE AGENCY INC
- Manages all Underwriting within an AIGRM assigned Branch Office. Tailor production and profitability goals for respective region as established by AIGRM Home Office.
- This position has accountability for the business results of their Branch Office with respect to profitability, broker penetration, Casualty volume within a specific loss sensitive or reviewed guaranteed cost account as well as across the AIGRM portfolio of business.
- Plans, manages, and evaluates work of staff; makes decisions regarding pay, performance management, development, employment, and staffing.
- Facilitate local decision making while ensuring the consistent execution of strategic initiatives.
- Drive consistent underwriting best practices and guidelines, in accordance with AIGRM Home Office directives, to ensure rating, pricing, profitability, and structuring adequacy.
- Ensure effective utilization of detailed monitoring standards including quality reviews and self-audits to assess underwriting results and compliance.
- Handle referrals within stated authority.
- Execution of division marketing strategy.
- Management of relationships between local customers and distribution partners.
- Strategic orientation, managing vision and purpose, developing organizational capability.
- Results orientation.
- Strong influencing and communications skills and ability to work across multiple areas of company and industries.
- Assessing and developing talent.
- Change and team leadership.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7-9 years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Analytical and quantitative skills; familiarity with Actuarial Data.
- Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution.
- Process and system skills.
- Experience with budgeting and expense control.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives