Strategic Account Associate
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
A Strategic Account Associate assists Strategic Account Managers of all levels with the development of broker/dealer or IMO/BGA relationships to drive sales and ensure the attainment of mutually beneficial long-term goals. This includes communication between AIG and broker-dealer/IMO/BGA management and back office, coordinating conference/meeting opportunities, and providing support to the internal and external sales teams.
The position reports to the Head of Strategic Account Management or Senior Strategic Account Manager or Senior Strategic Account Associate and is located in the Houston, Nashville, Jersey City, or Woodland Hills offices of AIG.
- Develops and maintains internal and external relationships with AIG and broker dealer employees to facilitate communication between AIG and assigned firms.
- Liaison between AIG and operations personnel at assigned firms for coordination of operations, service, and relationship management activities.
- Maintains working knowledge of AIG's marketing campaigns, websites, and value-add offerings.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of AIG products and their positioning against the competition.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of assigned firms.
Reporting and Analysis
- Prepares and analyzes reports on sales, activity, producers, and productivity for assigned firms.
- Compiles data and develops reports for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to assigned firms.
- Tracks sales and activity in assigned firms and prepares reports for Strategic Account Managers.
- Performs research and prepares periodic reports for management as requested ensuring a high degree of accuracy and data integrity.
- Coordinates the delivery of Product and Rate Change Notifications to assigned firms and tracks receipt.
- Maintains up-to-date commission grid, advisor lists, and one-page reference sheets (where applicable) on assigned firms for use by Internal Sales, External Sales, and Service/Operations.
- Assists with the coordination of sponsorship and attendance at broker-dealer/BGA conferences and meetings.
- Facilitates approval of marketing materials, due diligence meeting attendees, and marketing agreements with Compliance Department at assigned firms.
- Coordinates, tracks, and reports on invitations and/or firm approvals for financial advisor attendance at AIG life and retirement events.
- Maintains contact list for assigned firms in CRM system.
- Manage and deliver Strategic Accounts training to new Internal Wholesalers.
- Manage and deliver or support the Strategic Account Manager in the delivery of trainings, updates, firm visits, and Sales Desk Campaigns to Internal and External Sales.
- Manages projects that support Strategic Accounts and/ or senior leadership.
- Prepares payment requests, processes bills, and tracks all firm related expenses.
- Up to 20% travel to Broker/Dealer meetings and conferences to assist the Strategic Account Manager.
The Strategic Account Associate needs to demonstrate prior accomplishments in sales support or account management support. Experience in financial services is preferred.
The preferred candidate will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Good organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management skills.
- A Bachelors degree in business or related field.
- FINRA Series 6, 63, and/or required Life/Health licenses.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.