IAM Access Administration Process Engineer
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Locations: Charlotte, NC; Houston, TX; Fort Worth, TX
This position resides within the Identity & Access Management (IAM) function, specifically within the Access Administration team which is responsible for enabling and revoking user access across a large portfolio of applications & technologies.
The IAM Access Administration Process Engineer will drive improvements related to provisioning user access to computer applications and systems to ensure the integrity and security of the organization's information within all operating systems and applications
This role is responsible for managing ongoing relationships with business & technical partners, and driving process and control improvements within the IAM processes.
- Perform analytics to identify process improvement, standardization, automation and ABAC/role opportunities
- Drive improvements to existing processes, including metrics production, request process standardization, automation requirements definition and testing of process automation
- Develop tools to enhance provisioning and governance processes, to increase speed, accuracy, consistency and controls for work performed by team
- Manage and perform special projects and participate as a technical advisor for ad-hoc information security projects that will be dictated by current business and technological developments
- Manage and perform troubleshooting of user access issues, including determining cause and implementing resolution
- Participate in and perform information security audits of AIG systems and processes based on AIG and industry standards, and provide prioritized recommendations for corrective actions based on findings
- Assist in the implementation of AIG policies, standards, and guidelines that balance AIG business requirements, risk tolerance, and AIG policies
- Manage projects to meet strategic and tactical goals
- Stay informed about the latest developments in the information security field, including new products and services, through on-line news services, technical magazines, professional associations, industry conferences, training seminars, and other information sources.
Individual needs to demonstrate operational excellence, risk or IAM experience, and ability to manage challenging situations with clients. The ability to lead in a changing environment is critical. Process experience is required.
This position requires significant exposure to SailPoint, ServiceNow, Robotic Process Automation, business applications, Active Directory, and other technologies. A demonstrated ability to evaluate, assess and report on technology alternatives, as well as strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. The incumbent must also possess a strong working knowledge of IT related information security concepts, policies and quality assurance performance. The capability to keep up with emerging security trends and product directions is fundamental to the position. Due to the sensitive nature of the material with which the incumbent is involved, the incumbent must have high ethical standards and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related IT field (Master's preferred)
- Minimum 7 years of Information Technology experience
- Minimum 5 years of increasing responsibility within information security position(s), management experience is preferred.
- Excellent consensus-building skills and ability to negotiate effectively in a matrix managed environment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to work with many levels of management and across multiple lines of business
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting IAM solutions and services, with working knowledge of access control models across technologies.
- Knowledge of request process workflows, ServiceNow or equivalent experience preferred
- Data analytics skillset preferred
- Experience with process automation and testing
- Advance understanding of User Access Provisioning, de-provisioning, and certifications standards, risks and controls.
- Can dissect complex situations and guide teams to focus on most critical tasks
- Well organized, with good attention to detail, sense of urgency and ability to multi-task across priorities/support issues.
- Ensure compliance with AIG internal Audit and Corporate Security LUA Procedures and Standards
- Be a key driver in enhancement of process and system work flows while leveraging best practices.
- Must be customer centric with high standard of delivery
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives