Senior Risk Analyst - Reporting and Data Strategy
RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
This position is responsible for the work activity required for the execution of risk reporting and data strategies, including data quality assurance (DQA) controls. An understanding of business area needs related to risk reporting and data inputs is required across ERM various risk types (Credit, Market, Operational, Insurance, Model, etc.). In general, this role will deliver ERM Management reporting, continually monitoring business processes around reporting and data inputs. Where applicable, this role will implement efficiencies, gather business priorities / requirements related to future risk reporting and data needs, and influence risk reporting and data quality assurance technology solutions.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently and build on prior experience to solve problems. The candidate has to be motivated to understand new technology and businesses, and be able to work in a fast paced environment. The position will require collaboration with other Business areas (e.g. Finance, IT, Investments).
- Take ownership and conduct day-to-day tasks to deliver approved risk reporting packages, liaising with ERM functions for report completion and to obtain feedback.
- Assist in defining the reporting requirements of ERM teams by understanding how they use and manipulate data. Analyze, develop and propose enhancements to current business processes, reports, and applications in order to optimize system effectiveness for reporting. This also includes participating in discussions with potential data providers and market participants to establish additional reporting and data quality requirements.
- Ensure that manual processes are properly documented and subsequently automated where possible; care is taken to utilize existing applications or influence the use of other risk reporting technologies. Continually review, evaluate and report on controls, process documentation and data sources available for reporting.
- Recommend reporting and data solutions and procedures to internal business clients, while also influencing IT reporting strategy. This includes identifying the necessary tasks to achieve high quality result sets, and takes into consideration other systems/software utilized to allow consistency and prevent re-work.
- Work with IT Operations to implement such solutions and procedures as permanent parts of the risk architecture infrastructure. This will include translating business reporting needs into technical requirements. The team overall will be primary Testers (UAT) for implemented solutions. This ensures all projects take into consideration the overall data and reporting strategy of the organization.
- Assist with training business user on new technologies, so that self-service reporting for ad-hoc requests can supplement standard reporting. This may also include assisting in the development of the process documentation used and required for regulatory purposes.
- For standard or ad-hoc reporting, create data validation steps that compare prior submissions with current submissions, so that data quality is ensured consistently.
- In addition to data validation, develop data quality assurance (DQA) controls and assist with the implementation of tools that can perform DQA on a more automated basis.
- 5-7 years of experience with insurance and/or, financial services data, particularly within data management and reporting.
- Acumen to develop, maintain and do technical analysis of enterprise-wide data quality assurance and risk reporting.
- Ability to interact with varying levels of risk officers, and other business leaders across the company to provide high quality reporting support as needed, and enhance business processes where possible.
- Must possess the ability to understand data required to report on certain key risk areas (Insurance, Credit, Market and other Financial Risks), and perform some level of variance analysis before reports are distributed.
- Be motivated to understand new technology and businesses, particularly around data quality assurance.
- Comfortable working with large quantities of data - very strong computer skills:
- MS Office - Excel, PowerPoint in particular
- Programming / Query experience with SQL, SAS, Python, or MATLAB preferred
- Experience with commercial Business Intelligence reporting tools a plus (e.g. QlikView, PowerBI, Microstrategy).
- Familiarity with third party financial databases such as SNL, Moody's Credit Edge, Barclays, Bloomberg, etc.
- Excellent analytical ability, communication skills, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with both business and technical staff.
- Highly organized self-starter with excellent problem skills, who can own projects and act with limited supervision.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives