Vice President, Federal Government Affairs
LG - Legal, Regulatory & Gov't Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vice President, Federal Government Affairs to join our Government Relations team in DC! You will collaborate with AIG federal and international government affairs colleagues to strengthen AIG's capacity to advocate and drive public policies favoring an open, robust and rules-based system for international trade and commerce, including preserving and expanding market access opportunities for insurers and promoting business growth that facilitates insurance sales. Position reports to Vice President, Head of Federal Government Affairs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Help to nurture and expand AIG's relationship and engagement with senior US trade policy officials in the Administration and Congress
- Collaborate with other government affairs group members to advocate AIG's views on major trade policy decisions
- Assist AIG in providing thought leadership on the importance of global trade in financial services / insurance and its impact on economic development and growth
- Help to provide AIG representation in major trade association and informal policy coalitions focused on global trade
- Collaborate with other government affairs group members to work with AIG businesses and economists to assess the economic impacts on the company of major impending trade policy issues and decisions, to clearly prioritize AIG advocacy efforts
- 10+ years' government experience, including 4-5 years in a policy making role, either in the US Administration or in the US Congress preferred
- Experience with domestic and international trade policy desired, preferably in the financial services sector
- Ability to be decisive and influence policy on behalf of AIG
- Strong writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- A proven thought leader on global trade and economic development/growth
- Advanced Degree in public policy, public affairs, or law is preferred
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives