Head of Primary Admitted Casualty, Field & Underwriting Management
EM - Executive/Management
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
This position reports to the President of General Insurance, Field and Underwriting Management.
Responsibility for leading the Primary Admitted Casualty book consisting of multiple products. The Head of Primary Admitted Casualty will provide industry expertise, develop overall strategies for product and distribution and be responsible for the profitability of the business.
· Drive the development of growth and profitability strategies for the GI Primary Admitted Casualty business.
· Responsible for the achievement of financial targets for revenue, profit and growth; includes GWP, GAAP Underwriting Profit, GOE and PTOI targets.
· Oversee the GI Primary Admitted Casualty vision and value proposition that recognize changing business and competitive environment dynamics, key business drivers, and financial elements and demonstrate the value we bring to the different segments of our producer delivery network.
· Develop, position, market, and deliver innovative, market-leading products and services through regional framework to a focused network of brokers in a manner that effectively leverages our strengths as a competitive differential in the marketplace.
· Lead GI platform for Admitted Casualty business, working closely to enhance and integrate all complimentary product offerings.
· Establish and implement a long term business strategy for GI Admitted Casualty focusing on risk appetite that impacts ROE and effectively manages risk.
· Collaborate with the GI CUO to determine and deliver the appropriate underwriting authority for the business.
· Set monthly meetings with BDM's, Client Directors and Claims Executives to cross sell, set up introductions, deliver claims value proposition, review renewal and target lists, and develop plans to execute on new business and renewal strategies in line with product strategy.
· Drive consistent distribution and underwriting best practices and guidelines to ensure rating and pricing adequacy of the business.
· Develop and ensure effective utilization of detailed monitoring standards, using analytics and quality reviews to assess underwriting results and loss ratios down to the account level
· Interact with the GI Chief Actuary to ensure technical pricing is achieved in the portfolio across all lines of business
· Understanding of regulatory and compliance processes.
· Ensure an effective reinsurance strategy that supports our risk appetite for per risk and aggregation across all product lines, as well as active management of the portfolio.
· Establish strong relationships with regional leadership; create mutual understanding of overall parameters and goals to drive effective execution of business model.
· Develop tools and strategies, in collaboration with HR, to attract and retain top industry talent and develop high performing teams.
· Drive a culture that promotes collaboration, diversity and inclusion.
· Ensure a reputation of Claims excellence in the marketplace.
· At least 15 years of Casualty product insurance leadership experience knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution
· Proven Strategic Leadership skills in developing vision and purpose, driving for results and leading effective teams
· Established strong relationships with customers and intermediaries
· Skilled leader of change; versatile, client focused, results oriented
· Demonstrated business savvy, analytical and quantitative skills
· Expert technical underwriting background with advanced knowledge of third party insurance for all industries
· Strong problem solving and conflict resolution
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives