Head of Admitted Property, Field & Underwriting Management
EM - Executive/Management
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
This position reports to the President of General Insurance, Field & Underwriting Management
Primary responsibility is to lead Admitted Property inclusive of High Limits and Middle Market. The Head of Admitted Property will provide industry expertise, develop overall strategies for product and distribution and be responsible for the profitability of the business.
· Drive the development of growth and profitability strategies for the Admitted Property business.
· Responsible for the achievement of financial targets for revenue, profit and growth, includes GWP, GAAP Underwriting Profit, GOE and PTOI targets.
· Oversee Admitted Property vision and value proposition that recognize changing business and competitive environment dynamics, key business drivers, and financial elements and demonstrate the value we bring to the different segments of our producer delivery network.
· Develop, position, market, and deliver innovative, market-leading products and services through regional framework to a focused network of brokers in a manner that effectively leverages our strengths as a competitive differential in the marketplace.
· Lead Admitted platform for Property business, working closely to enhance and integrate all complimentary product offerings.
· Establish and implement a long term business strategy for General Insurance focusing on risk appetite that impacts ROE and effectively manages risk.
· Collaborate with the General Insurance COO to determine and deliver the appropriate underwriting authority for the business.
· Drive consistent distribution and underwriting best practices and guidelines to ensure rating and pricing adequacy of the business.
· Develop and ensure effective utilization of detailed monitoring standards, using analytics and quality reviews to assess underwriting results and loss ratios down to the account level.
· Interact with the General Insurance Chief Actuary to ensure technical pricing is achieved in the portfolio across all lines of business.
· Understanding of regulatory and compliance processes.
· Ensure an effective reinsurance strategy that supports our risk appetite for per risk and aggregation across all product lines, as well as active management of the portfolio.
· Through Claims, CRS and Analytics continue to enhance our view of risk and strengthen our ability to partner with our clients to ensure a reputation of Claims excellence in the marketplace.
· Establish strong relationships with regional leadership; create mutual understanding of overall parameters and goals to drive effective execution of business model.
· Develop tools and strategies, in collaboration with HR, to attract and retain top industry talent and develop high performing teams.
· Drive a culture that promotes collaboration, diversity and inclusion.
· At least 15 years of Property product insurance leadership experience
· Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution
· Proven Strategic Leadership skills in developing vision and purpose, driving for results and leading effective teams
· Established strong relationships with customers and intermediaries
· Skilled leader of change; versatile, client focused, results oriented
· Demonstrated business savvy, analytical and quantitative skills
· Expert technical underwriting background with advanced knowledge of first party insurance for all industries
· Strong problem solving and conflict resolution
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives