OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Licensing and Commissions Service Specialist Job Description
As a Service Specialist you will be part of dynamic team environment. As a member of the Licensing and Contracting Division at American General Life Insurance Company you will provide proactive intermediary support for key Marketing General Agencies (MGAs) and Financial Network (FN) employee offices including follow-up on pending requirements necessary for agent contracting and proper payment of commissions. You will champion key MGAs and FN office issues in the home office using strong communication skills, business knowledge and understanding profit center goals.
The Service Specialist reports directly to the Licensing and Commissions Manager.
Service Specialists must cultivate business relationships with Account Representatives and MGAs and FN Employee offices. Meet production and quality guidelines as established through Performance Management.
Provide advanced administrative support to MGAs, FN employee office personnel, back office support and Account Representatives. Included in this process are:
- Follow up on all outstanding requirements and provide appropriate documentation in AWD and other admin systems.
- Provide decisions or pertinent information to MGAs and FN employee office personnel on a proactive basis.
- Collect information from MGAs, FN employee office personnel and back office support to complete the contracting process.
- Review information from Talent Acquisition to support them employment process.
- Review commission statements to ensure all payments are accurate.
- Review Agent's paperwork to ensure it is submitted in good order, if not work with MGA and FN employee office back office to correct for future submissions.
- Premium management follow-up on pending and delivery requirements.
- Identifying agent error trends and works with MGA & FN employee back office to prevent this from happening in the future.
- Create reports to provide a proactive status of pending agent paperwork to MGA and FN employee back office.
- Follow up on outstanding requirements and if needed rush cases along for handling.
- Make outbound phone calls or email MGA and FN employee offices including:
- Work with MGAs and FN Employee office to gain their trust and confidence in the Service Specialist role and work towards building trust and confidence between the MGA and FN employee offices and other key members of Licensing and Commissions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve difficult problems.
- Partner with Account Representatives to build upon relationships.
- Assist in giving the intermediary direct access to subject matter experts as well as working as a bridge to AIGSS for rush processing.
- Promptly return phone messages received from other departments within the company.
- Serve as back up for other Account Reps to ensure near constant phone coverage.
- Handle incoming phone calls from the MGAs and FN employee offices by backing up the L&C Call Center staff when necessary.
The ideal candidate should have proven leadership skills and positive attitude, capacity to make consistent sound and effective decisions while demonstrating a high energy level, positive attitude and the ability to tailor phone demeanor in difficult situations.
- Be cross-trained for all functions as needed.
- Proven track record of showing initiative and creativity.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of Licensing and Commissions Department workflows.
- Experience providing the highest quality of service to the agents.
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Maintained excellent performance expectations in previous position(s) as evidenced by meets/exceeds or exceed expectations on two most recent Job Performance Evaluations.
- Dependability as evidenced by a good attendance record.
- Must be pro-active in servicing the customer and providing top-level of service needed to exceed their expectations.
- Good PC skills and systems proficiency (AWD, policy admin systems, Access, Excel and MS Word, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree or a High School diploma with two-year Licensing and or Commission experience required. Bachelor's degree a plus.
- SILA knowledge preferred with continued course work toward FLMI.
- Hands on self-starter, with track record of learning new, complex topics.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability.
- Track record of acting with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated history of high quality work product.
- Proven record of being an effective listener and communicator with customers and peers.
- Results focused with a track record of achievement.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives