Manager, Federal Government Affairs
LG - Legal, Regulatory & Gov't Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Federal Government Affairs to join our Government Relations team! You will assist in the management of day-to-day operations of our AIG Political Action Committee, conduct policy research in support of the AIG's active government affairs agenda, and be responsible for AIG's lobbying disclosure filings.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the implementation of AIG's political engagement activities, including administration of AIG's Political Action Committee
- Report AIG's lobbying activities in compliance with the Lobbying Disclosure Act
- Research policy issues and draft background information on government officials
- Monitor Congressional Record, Federal Register and committee calendars, and prove updates to Government Affairs staff/leadership on relevant actions or events
- Attend and provide summaries of congressional hearings
- 1-3+ years' experience in government affairs
- PAC administration experience and knowledge or relevant campaign finance and lobbying disclosure rules
- Familiarity with House and Senate procedures
- Financial services / insurance industry experience preferred, but not required
- Experience working with outside legal counsel preferred, but not required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail with strong organization and problem solving skills
- Intermediate-to-Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor's Degree
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives