Case Manager Advisor Insurance Solutions
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The primary purpose of the job is to: provide proactive support for distribution partners by acting as owners of new business cases. This includes quality review of any other actions taken on the case, ordering and follow-up on pending requirements necessary for underwriting approval, follow-up on delivery requirements on conditionally issued cases, premium management and case issue. Champion key issues related to the case using strong communication skills, business knowledge and understanding of New Business goals. Case Managers must cultivate business relationships with distribution partners, multiple carriers and other members of their team. Meet production and quality guidelines as established through Performance Management.
Provide administrative support to financial advisors through case review/quality check and following up on outstanding requirements. Included in this process are:
• Quality check all front end review and analysis on each case
• Follow up on all outstanding requirements and provide appropriate documentation in Smartoffice
• Provide decisions or pertinent information to Broker Dealers on a proactive basis
• Collect information from Broker Dealers and vendors necessary to complete the underwriting process
• Locate lab work and other medical information done for other companies
• Handle vendor emails for APS follow up
• Follow up on pending and delivery requirements
• Follow up on cases with offers outstanding
Make outbound phone calls or emails to Broker Dealer offices
• Work with distribution partners to gain their trust and confidence
• Trouble shoot and resolve problems of high complexity
• Work with carrier underwriters on underwriting issues
• Promptly return phone messages received distribution partners, carriers and other involved parties
Commission and Contracting and Licensing processing for multiple distribution channels.
• Process weekly comp statements from multiple carriers for multiple distribution channels served in ISG.
• Assist new FA's when getting contracted with a new carrier. Assist with the completion of the contracting paperwork and submission to the carriers.
All other duties as assigned/shared responsibilities:
• General knowledge of all New Business functions
• Act as a SME and be available for questions as needed
• Process improvements- identify opportunities to improve service and efficiency (Lean processes)
• Record any complaints that deal with legal matters or are of a regulatory nature received on a complaint form and forward to the appropriate parties in accordance with the company's complaint handling policies and procedures.
• Adhere to Company policy on confidential and proprietary information.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives